Spring is the perfect time to revamp some of your makeup bag and start showing some more skin! Here are some of my favourite products for Spring, which will keep you well prepared for the sunny days ahead!
- Body Scrub, my pick: Pure Fiji Coconut Sugar Rub in Starfruit. Everyone needs a good ‘ol scrubbing after winter! Scrubbing off all the layered up dead skin cells will not only increase circulation to your skin, making it look better and firmer, but it will allow any moisturisers placed on top to work on your skin better and do their job. I looooove this Pure Fiji Sugar Rub because the sugar cane granules are a good size and also because it contains cold pressed virgin coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, sikeci nut oil and dilo nut oil. It leaves a syrupy layer on top of the skin which just feels like heaven and makes your skin look amazing. The Sugar Rub come in a whole heap of different scents, but I love Starfruit as it’s a little sweet but very fresh. Very fitting for Spring!
- Body Oil, my pick: L’Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil. Moisturising your body is just as important as moisturising you face, as our bodies take a beating everyday and can loose elasticity very quickly with age. I love this body oil because it feels super light, despite the product containing over 50% almond oil and camelina oil. Almond oil and camelina oil are rich in omegas 3 and 6. Skin is left feeling supple and firmer. When using this oil, my skin does feel moisturised and soft for at least 24 hours. It smells amazing, like all of L’Occitane’s Almond range!
- Sleeping Mask, my pick: Shara Shara Honey Bomb. A sleeping mask will brighten up your complexion and give your skin some additional moisture. This honey based mask not only smells sweet, but works a treat! It contains some fantastic brightening ingredients like glycerin, niacinamide, royal jelly, honey, propolis, licorice root extract sea buckthorn extract, just to name a few! To find out all about sleeping masks, check out my Skincare 101 post here!
4. Sunscreen, my pick: Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35. If you were bad and forgot to apply sunscreen in Winter every time you went out, make sure to get into the habit this Spring! Sunscreen is so so important for healthy happy skin and this offering from Tatcha is amazing! It isn’t greasy in the slightest and sits perfectly under makeup. The bottle is also oh so elegant! I have picked up a few goodies from Tatcha lately, so be sure to sign up to the blog via email if you haven’t already, so you don’t miss out on the in-depth review to come!
5. A Light Brightening Face Powder, my pick: Dior’s Les Neige’s De Diorsnow. Spring makeup is all about lightness and brightness, so heavy coverage face powders are out! On top of your face makeup, set your makeup with a glow inducing face powder. You don’t want it to sit on top of your skin and look obvious, so a light hand is needed. This Dior powder is difficult to find, but Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders will also do the trick! They will also add a little radiance to the skin, without being to obvious.
6. Cream Eyeshadows, my pick: Marc Jacobs Twinkle Pop. This is another new goodie, which I will be reviewing for you soon! I have the colour Honey Bunny #400, which is like a cream metallic pigment, in a light gold slash pink tone. It glides over the skin so easily and imparts serious shine to lids, but yet in a sophisticated way! Adding some metallic or shimmery shine to the middle of your lids will always give your eyes that little bit of twinkle and pop! You don’t even need a lot and it will still look sophisticated because it isn’t chunky. I bought my Twinkle Pop from Sephora here in Aus (who are yet to set up a web shop – boo!).
7. Cream Blush, my pick: theBalm How ‘Bout Them Apples Cheek & Lip Cream Palette. Cream blush is natural looking and gives your cheeks a rosey glow! It’s very youthful for that reason (powders of any kind can be ageing if used to much). This palette has you covered for every season and is wonderfully fruity! 🙂
8. Translucent Pink Powder Blush, my pick: Dior Rosy Glow 001 Petal. If however, you need a blush which will last longer than a cream blush, a powder blush will do the trick (can you tell that blush is important in bringing your complexion to life?)! This Dior offering is wonderful because it is partly translucent and will suit most complexions. You can build up the colour if you wish, however just a touch of this blush will impart a youthful radiance. Subtle but magnificant!
9. A peach blush, my pick: NARS Sex Appeal Blush. A pink and a peach blush in your collection will never go astray! Here is an awesome trick I learn from a Korean makeup artist. If your makeup look is very minimal, and you want to bring colour into your complexion using blush, use a light peach shade on the back part of your cheeks and use a pink blush on the apples of your cheeks. This will make your face look more multi-dimensional and brighter. As long as you are light handed and pick the right tone for your skin, you won’t end up looking funny! Sex Appeal will suit most light complexions and is a satin matte, so it’s very sophisticated.
10. Pastel nail polish, my picks: Avon Nailwear Pro+ Nail Enamel in Cultured Purple, Ciate Paint Pots in Loop the Loop and Ferris Wheel. Pastel nail polish, well because pastels rock in Spring!
What are your top products for Spring beauties? 🙂
Until next time!