Happy New Year Beauties!
I haven’t done a monthly favourites post in agggges and so I thought, why the hell not! I didn’t want to do a yearly favourites post because that would take way to long and I’d like to keep this year simple. Well as simple as can be 😉
- Moroccanoil Original Treatment Oil – Not a new product by any means, but still sooo good! They have a ‘light’ version of this treatment oil, which is supposed to be better for fine and light coloured hair (which all points to me!) but I still prefer the original version. The ‘light’ version just feels to light and not moisturising enough. As long as you don’t use a truck load of the original treatment oil, it doesn’t leave my hair feeling greasy or weighed down but instead leaves it moisturised, glossy and looking healthy! I don’t find that it ‘discolours’ my hair either. I think this would only be a concern if you had seriously platinum blonde hair.
- Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 – First of all, this sunscreen in it’s sky blue tube looks amazing! There is something about it’s simplicity, which makes it feel almost royal to me. I try and be liberal with my sunscreen application, which can bring about a bit of a dilemma when it comes to makeup application. This sunscreen never feels greasy and layers beautifully. It actually feel weightless and the product description states. I love that it contains antioxidants and lots of beneficial skin loving ingredients, including green tea extract, algae extract, licorice extract and wild rose extract (which has astringent capabilities, tightening pores). It’s definitely one of those ‘special’ products to keep in your arsenal!
- Smashbox Photo Finish 24 Hr Eye Shadow Primer – This eyeshadow primer is the bomb! I’ve found that with some eyeshadow primers, it’s difficult to blend eyeshadows over them (especially multiple shades) resulting in a patchy application. It’s either because they make the eye lid to dry or they ‘set’ the first application of eyeshadow, making additional colours difficult to blend. This primer doesn’t do that and just leaves the eye area silky. My eyeshadows blend like a dream and the colours appear more vividly. I can’t say if it does indeed make eyeshadows stick around for 24 hours (the quality of the eyeshadow would also have a say in this) but who cares, because it works wonderfully! Oh I should also mention, it doesn’t have a colour to it per se and it comes in a little squeezy tube. A little goes a looong way – I’ve had this guy for almost a year now and I don’t think I’m even half way through the product!
- NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna – Another oldie, but a goodie. So fine and natural looking, I wouldn’t go for another. It contains shimmer, but this isn’t visible on the skin (at all). What the shimmer does do, is keep the powder from looking to matte and dry. It has a very natural finish and is easy to build up colour wise.
- BECCA Ombre Rouge Eye Palette – This eye shadow palette, made up of mostly matte warm-toned eyeshadows, is a dream. The eyeshadows are pigmented and blend like butter. Some of the colours are a touch powdery, but not extremely so. All of the colours compliment each other extremely well and I just love them for creating summer looks. I will review this palette for you in full soon 🙂
Now that I think about it, I could have added in a few extra products which I totally forgot about when taking photos for this post sigh oh wells, maybe that means I will have to do a favourites post for January 😉
Have you tried any of the products mentioned above? Let me know in the comments below! 😀
Catch ya next time,