Rae (a sometimes yet wonderful beauty blogger 😉) often does beauty related inventories, trying to cut down her ‘stash’ of products and spending. It’s a marvellous idea isn’t it? So I’ve always wanted to do something similar, but was scared to if I’m honest lol… However, now I’ve decided to give it a go and will try and see what works for me. My goal is to buy less and use up what I already own. I don’t want to buy anything new unless I really have to. It’ll be kinder on the environment (in my own small way) and my wallet 😅 My other ‘struggle’ and consideration to make is that I genuinely love beauty and trying new things, so in some areas this will be a difficult challenge for me. But I’ll see how I go and what works for me. I will do a follow up inventory maybe in 6 months or so? And see what I have bought since then and if the number of products I own has shrunk. Hopefully the answer will be yes ☺️😇
So first up, I thought I would check to see how many cleansers and makeup removers I own! Start out easy you see… You’ll notice that I have a whole range of cleansers, from different types (micellar water, cream & gel cleansers and wipes) to a dedicated makeup remover. I generally like to have this variety in my stash;
- a micellar water for quick cleansing in the mornings
- a gel cleanser for when I’m feeling particularly oily or breakout prone
- a cream cleanser for when my skin is feeling dry or sensitive
- a dedicated oil base makeup remover, and finally
- makeup/cleansing wipes. No one will take these away from me! 😜
Maybe that seems like a lot to some people, but it’s what works for me and keeps my skin happy. You will also notice that my stash of cleansers in this case isn’t hugely overcrowded, but still, I’d like to do an inventory so it’s clear what I own.
- Antipodes Hallelujah Lime & Patchouli Cleanser, 60% full. A favourite cream cleanser of mine. Because it’s summer at the moment, I probably use gel cleansers more often. This bottle will probably last me a while still. I can buy another once this one is used up. Full review of the Hallelujah Lime & Patchouli Cleanser here.
- Antipodes Juliet Skin-Brightening Gel Cleanser, 30% full. Another classic and favourite of mine! I do admit however, that I’m probably a little bored of it at the moment. This has got to be my 8th bottle of this cleanser lol…. so once I use it up, I will probably look to use one of the other gel cleansers mentioned as my regular ‘gel cleanser’ and won’t need to repurchase it for a while. Full review of the Juliet Skin-Brightening Gel Cleanser here. If you have breakout prone skin and want something that will help deal with oil and breakouts, whilst being gentle for your skin – you need to check it out!
- Alpha H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera, Full and New. I won this cleanser a few weeks ago. I’m looking forward to trying it. My Sister who has used it before said that it will last me forever (yay!). I will crack this one open once I have used up my Antipodes Juliet cleanser. Review coming soon ☺️
- MooGoo Natural Milk Wash, 30% full. I reviewed this guy just recently! It’s my families everyday cleanser and body wash. It is a fabulous, gentle yet effective cleanser. I wouldn’t mind using this instead of a gel cleanser actually… But while I have the Alpha H Balancing Cleanser, I will use it alongside this. And yippee, don’t need to repurchase this one myself, because someone else always does LOL Ok, maybe I’ll repurchase it once for the family… out of goodwill and generosity 🤪
- Bioderma Hydrabio H20 Micelle Solution, 70% full. My favourite micellar water. I only buy this one really – unless I get a newbie to try somehow (see below). I will repurchase this one, but only once my travel sized micellar waters are used up too. To read about this beauty classic, check out the review here.
- L’Occitane Immortelle Oil Makeup Remover, 90% full. Oil based makeup removers last me forever. Maybe because I actually don’t wear makeup all that often (once or twice a week – three times on a rare occasion). I really, really like this oil makeup remover, but wouldn’t say no to trying another once I’m finished. If I buy a L’Occitane one again, it’ll be the Shea butter version, which works just as effectively, but is cheaper 😉 Read the full review of the Immortelle Oil Makeup Remover here. I also compare it to L’Occitane’s Shea Butter version!
- Wotnot Facial Wipes, 2 x packs in my cupboard. I buy both the hydrating wipes and the sensitive facial wipes. I’m a lazy girl by nature and won’t ever stop using facial wipes. That’s just a fact ok lol.. but I won’t use just any wipes. I will only use these. Why? They are SO incredibly good at cleansing your skin and moisturising it at the same time. They are SO soft and luxurious to use and they are biodegradable. Because I only use these wipes, they never go to waste and each pack also lasts me a long time. Make the switch and try these Beauties! You won’t regret it 😉😏 Read the full review here.
Now I also have a lot of travel sized goodies…. cleansers included. I think I have two of the Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solutions, a Mecca Cosmetica Clean Slate Micellar Water (I really like this one too, full review here) plus a La Roche Posay Micellar Water somewhere (I couldn’t find it for photos – maybe my mum took it). These travel sized goodies aren’t to be sneezed at – they are luxe samples, so I could easily get 2-4 weeks use out of them. I don’t need to save them all for travel (otherwise I’d never use them up) but having one put away for travel is more than enough. I will try and use these up before purchasing another Bioderma Hydrabio H20 Micelle Solution.
I don’t remember when or from who I received the Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, but I’ve never used it before and am looking forward to trying this guy out. The bottle I own contains 59ml of product, so it will last me a while! Again, I don’t think I will try and save this for travel, so I will try and use it up.
Quantity wise I have ten cleansers it’s seems (but three of these are travel sized) 🧐😥 I will try and get this down to 5, maximum 6 (depending on whether I need to count the MooGoo Natural Milk Wash, but I probably do!). 5 would be ideal including the facial wipes in this tally.
So let’s so how I go Beauties! I will keep you updated over the next couple of months. I think the next category of products to do an inventory on is… facial treatments? Or serums? I’ll give it some thought 🤓
Let me know what you think of this post and my choice of cleansers lol also let me know how many you usually have in rotation (maybe it’ll make me feel better lol!)
Catch ya next time,